Entrepreneurs Expo 2017
Dream Zone has launched a new platform for Entrepreneurship Development in Kolkata Kolkata, 21st April, 2017: Dream Zone School of Creative Studies, a Creative Skill Development Initiative of CADD Centre has launched a new platform through Enteenpreneurs Expo 2017 which is first time of its kind in Kolkata. “Enteenpreneurs” is a platform, an ecosystem for Entrepreneurship Development, starting from searching the talent, giving them a platform to showcase, nurture, train and develop their skills and finally facilitating them to create a business portfolio of their own and guide them with funding and other requisites so that they can finally become a real entrepreneur and get success with their business model. During the inauguration today at ICCR Mr. Gautam Dey, Regional Director, ICCR said, “I am overwhelmed with such an initiative and will be by their side in whatever way they want me. I want Bengal to be the next Entrepreneurs hub after Bangalore, Hyderabad.” Shri Arup Roy, MIC, Govt of West Bengal said, “We really appreciate such initiative where so many people are benefited. We are always there to extend any help for such wonderful effort of entrepreneurship development”. Dreamzone, the organizers would provide personalized guidance and expertise in every step of the way, right from Creation, Presentation, Funding till the Actual Sale. This initiative has been taken to encourage talented Teens/Students/Participants with a creative bend of mind and provide impetus to their latent entrepreneurship spirit based on their creations in a simulated market scenario. The various categories where the participants have shown their entrepreneurial skills are Wall Arts (painting, photograph, glass paintings, murals, wall clock, wall and door hangs, fabric painting framed, wind chime, dream catchers etc), Corporate Gift items (made of eco friendly and waste materials. Like photo frame ,pen stand, files, folders ,table clocks , storage etc), Garments (Men ,women, Kids, Regional & traditional Garments item, embroidery, sarees etc), Jewelry ( Quelling, Bead, Terracotta ,Leather, metal etc), Furniture (foldable, collapsible, small, decorative and light weight, space saving, eco friendly, and made of waste product), Accessories (shoes, Chappals, anklets, silk thread bracelet, hair bands, head gears & handmade accessories bags etc), Lighting Accessories( decorative lamps, wall brackets, table lamps, floor lamps), Other lifestyle products(decorate Pots, flower vase, Dry Flower, Artifacts, gel candles, table mats, cushions covers, coasters, fruit baskets etc). These Exhibits were mentored and judged by respective field specialists like Mr. Atin Basak, famous contemporary artist, Fashion Designer Agnimitra Paul, Ar. Samiran Banik, Noted Fashion Designer Sarbari Dutta, Singer Anindita Kazi and others. Additionally eminent Government bodies, chambers and councils were invited to educate as well as provide a practical perspective of respective industries.
Various Prize categories & the Winners:
1. In Painting section both 1st & 3rd Prizes have been bagged by Ms. Sanchari Sinha of DPS New Town. 2nd prize goes to St. Augustin School,
2. In Photography 1st & 3rd prize goes to DPS New Town, 2nd prize goes to Techno India Junior College, Saltlake,
3. Agrasain Balika Shikhsha Sadan Team(Pritha Ghosh, Anmol Gupta, Megha Banik, Nandini Gupta, Soirindhri Das) totally ruled the other life style section and bagged all the 1st, 2nd, 3rd positions,
4. Jogesh Chandra Choudhury college got 1st prize in Jewellery Making section,
5. By using PVC pipe Dreamzone Park Street team(Chirasree Gope, Arundhuti Giri & Sachin) made a seater and bagged the 3rd prize in Furniture Making category,
6. Mobassherin Iqbal from Dreamzone Parkstreet took 1st position in Wall Art category
7. Saheli Banerjee from Dreamzone Parkstreet got 2nd prize in Jewellery making section and 1st and 2nd prize both bagged by her in Corporate Gift Item making section by using Waste materials(Wine Bottle & Mud Pot)
8. In Garment design as well Making section 1st prize jointly bagged by Dreamzone Ultadanga(Ms. Riya Saha based on theme Good meets Evil) and Dreamzone Parkstreet(Ms. Salma bsaed Jamdani Kantha Panchali). 2nd & 3rd position jointly bagged by Dreamzone Lucknow, Bilaspur, and Chennai Team. Various Design Institutes, Schools & Colleges from Bengal & all over India had participated in the Fashion Show with the theme “Local Traditional Indo-Western”, Special Fashion sequence by “Bishwa Rong” from Bangladesh with theme “Bangladesh Bioscope” followed Award function for the Designs, Creative works selected by Jury. Ankita Kumari, the Showstopper who was the Top three Finalists of Miss India 2017 from Amity University, Kolkata was also present in the Fashion Show.
A PANEL DISCUSSION on “STARTUP & ENTREPRENEURSHIP DEVELOPMENT was also held in presence of noted personalities like Mr. Suparno Moitra, noted Economic Analyst and popular face in television, Rani Bhawni,
Founder of Treasure of innocence, Mr. Biplab Saha, Fashion Designer from Bangladesh, Mr. Indrajit Ghosh, Head of Eastern Zone, Videocon, Mr. Sanjay Prasad, National member of FICCI, & BCCI, Supriya Roy, MD, Sugar & Spice. Architect Somali Sinha, Director, Dreamzone Parkstreet said, “Such an initiative will create more and more jobs and open new career options. This is high time for Bengal to prove its real potential in developing successful entrepreneurs”. Mr. S.K. Selvan, MD, CADD Centre said “I am really feeling great to be a part of this initiative. The hidden talents are seen in their creations, I hope these young creative souls are going to bring great differences in the industry.” Approximately 120 participants from all over India had come to show their exhibits. The event started on 19th April at ICCR and continued till today, 21st April from 1 PM to 8 PM every day. Activities like Panel Discussion, Work Shops on Fashion Designing, Jewellery Designing, Fashion Photography, 3D Printing, Movie Screening, Fashion Show etc had taken place.
For Further information